How I Work with Clients
I charge an hourly rate for time spent pulling together your feature, article or other copy. This works best for clients as opposed to a fixed price contract. If you’d like a fixed price contract, we can discuss this once I know what’s required and how long it will take me to produce.
Before we chat over the phone, so I can roughly know how long your copy will take me to write, please provide the following:
- What’s the purpose of your copy (for a web site, newsletter, speech, corporate profile, feature story for a newspaper or magazine, brochure, etc)?
- Who’s your target audience?
- How many words should the copy be?
- If it’s website copy, how many words per page do you want and what are the pages (e.g. Services, Landing Page, About Us, etc.)?
- What is your deadline?
Once you forward me the above details and we discuss your requirements over the phone, I will email you a Statement of Work which will include:
- The agreed number of words for the article, story or web pages
- Estimated time it will take me to complete
- A formal quote with the estimated price for your approval
- Terms and Conditions / Terms of Payment
- An Agreement to proceed.
Should you wish to proceed, a reply email from you will indicate you agree to my quote, based on the statement of work and my Terms and Conditions as well as Terms of Payment.
If your policy is to issue a supplier with a formal Purchase Order, then kindly include the Purchase Order Number in your reply email.
- Once my first draft is complete, I will email it to you for your review
- This document will be in Microsoft Word (.docx) format and will track all changes you propose. Please allow quality time to review the first draft
- I factor in two rounds of changes to the original copy – thereafter, any further changes you require will be charged at my hourly rate.
Invoicing and Payment
I accept payment via direct deposit into my bank account (to be issued on my emailed invoice) or via PayPal.
- I will email you a PayPal money request (for clients outside Australia) and invoice for 50% of the total estimated price, issued to you prior to my commencing the project
- Payment of the 50% is to be made within 7 days of your email instructing me to proceed
- Once funds are received, I will start working on your copy
- A final invoice and PayPal money request (for clients outside Australia) for the remaining 50% will be emailed to you after the two permitted rounds of final changes (this does not include a total re-write). Payment for the remaining 50% is to be made within 7 days of receipt.
Call or email me to discuss any writing requirements
0412 135 454